At Therapyworks4U I’m committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Changes to the laws on Data Protection in the UK, in force on 25/5/18, affect the way I as, (Data Processor), collect and process your, as, (Data Subject), personal information, (personal data), in both written and electronic formats.
This Policy explains when and why and how I collect personal information about people who visit our website, how it is used, the conditions under which it may be disclosed to others and how it is kept secure.
This Policy may be reviewed and changed from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using my website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and my privacy practices should be sent by email to
email@example.com or by telephoning 01652 655454.
How I collect information from you.
Information is collected about you when you use my website, for example, when you complete the contact form or engage with other forms within our site.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information I collect might include your name, address, email address, telephone number, IP address, via email, voicemail and text message and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website. The main cookies used on my site are:
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited
These are Google Maps third party cookies, which are unique identifiers to allow traffic analysis to Google Maps.
How is your information used?
I may use your information to:
- Contact you regarding queries raised in the contact form.
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- Enter into and work with you in our therapy/supervision/training agreement.
Storage of information
- I am legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil my statutory obligations and will hold your personal information on my systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with me.
- I am required by my accrediting/ registering bodies; UKCP, UKATA, EATA, my Insurer’s, and HMRC, to keep this personal data for a period of five years following the end of your contract, to comply with their policies and the law, after which time I ensure it is securely destroyed/ deleted.
- Contact details are stored in a locked cabinet and linked to client session notes with an identifying number only and session notes are stored in a separate locked cabinet.
- Emails, text messages and voicemails are stored in password protected electronic format.
Who has access to your information?
I will not sell or rent your information to third parties for any purpose.
For the purposes of maintaining a professional will. i.e.; In the event of my unexpected incapacity, I request your permission to securely pass on your contact information only, to someone, (another professional), who will inform you of this.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from me. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from me about my services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
I will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, post, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent and indicated that you wish to be contacted.
Please let me know via email if you wish to change your marketing preferences at any time in future.
How you can access and update your information
As a data subject, you can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- request changes to incorrect or incomplete data
- request deletion or end processing your data (The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances)
- ask to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the legitimate grounds for processing data.
- withdraw your consent at any time
If you wish to implement any of the above during the time your data is available, please contact me by email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to erasure
Visitors / users of this site have the right to request erasure of all records of your personal data, where there is no legitimate reason for that business to maintain that record.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Therapyworks4U is a secure website. (See ‘lock’ icon in browser window)
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while I strive to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to me, and you do so at your own risk. Once I receive your information, I make my best effort to ensure its security on my systems. None of your personal information, (including testimonials) will be visible or available to view on my website.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to me may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of the servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If I transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, I will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use my services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
I keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in October 2019.
Please direct any further queries to; Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling or 0303 123 1113.